Call For Artists for 98221 Gallery
Overview and guidelines
For exhibition at the City Hall 98221 Gallery
2D work will be displayed in both the main hallway and the Council Chambers.
The theme for the
December 2016 through May 2017
To be installed November 2016 and will be up until May 2017.
City Hall Gallery will be open for the
December 2nd Artwalk.
Below are guidelines for artists who wish to submit work:
• The exhibition is open to residents in the 98221 zip code
• Artists may submit up to 3 images of work to be considered. Images can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped of on a disc at Parks & Recreation. Images should be 72 dpi, 1000 pixels on the longest side.
• Artists should include titles, media, price, framed dimensions of each piece and a brief artist statement, along with address, phone and email information (required.)
• Artwork must be 2D and no larger than 48" on the longest side
• Artwork must be for sale - a 30% commission on sales will support public art projects
• Artwork must come ready to hang
• The Arts Commission will oversee the selection and installation of the show
• Artwork will be insured during the time it is hung at City Hall
• Deadline for submitting work is October 18th. Jury will select art around the end of October. Work must be available by the week of November 14th.
Questions can be addressed to Mary Snyder at Anacortes Parks & Recreation - email@example.com or 360-293-1918, or Karla Locke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts in Anacortes
Featuring arts for all in Anacortes.